So let me take you through a day on the road: I wake up between 8 and 9, start cleaning up camp and making breakfast. Oatmeal is the wonder breakfast. It's a vehicle for peanut butter, nutella, shredded coconut, and anything else that can add flavor. By 10-10:30, I'm on the road. Sometime in the first 20 miles or so, i stop for second breakfast. Eggs and whatnot. When Martin was around this generally involved a game of cribbage. Then I get back on the road and race the sun. We'll stop at least one more time to eat, either at a cafe/diner/bar or out of our panniers. At the end of a day we identify where the camp is and then head for the local bar. More cribbage ensues and some beers and food, then make camp and sleep. At the bars and cafe is generally our opportunity to meet the locals.
The days tend to run together, but we have our list of great cafes and diners: there's the Hob nob in Niles, MI; JJ's cafe in Elroy,WI; charlie's cafe in Freeport, MN; the shack, in Fargo, ND; and the Farm House Cafe in Leeds, ND. I might be missing one, Martin will have to correct the list. The healthiest food I've had, though, tends to come from Subway when I can find it, which has been shocking for me.
Some pics off the phone:

A wall in Fargo, done by an artist from Minneapolis.

One of my best outfits. You fit right in when you walk into a bar here with cut-off sleeves.

The one time after Fargo we found draft beer (and fat tire at that). Of course the cards.

This is the manager's office at the Hillcrest Motel in Minot, ND.
Anyway, I've got to inquire about why my second breakfast has taken 50 minutes to arrive.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
Location:1st St SE,Stanley,United States
No comments:
Post a Comment